Weeks after Carlito was spotted in Orlando, Florida, reportedly doing something with WWE, fans expressed their opinion that he should do more with WWE after making a surprise appearance for the first time since the Royal Rumble 2021 when he appeared at Backlash.
Carlito took part in the San Juan Street Fight between Damian Priest and Bad Bunny last month at Backlash, assisting the LWO and Savio Vega in leveling the odds against Judgment Day’s Finn Balor and Dominik Mysterio, who had intervened.
Dave Meltzer mentioned Carlito pulling out of an independent show next month on Wrestling Observer Radio, and Devon Nicholson stated Carlito told him he had signed with WWE to make a comeback.
“Well, the only thing that I know is he had an independent show on July 15 for Devon Nicholson in Canada, and he called him up to cancel and said that he has signed with WWE. So… perhaps he has signed with WWE, it wouldn’t surprise me. He got that big pop in Puerto Rico so maybe he’s back. We’ll have to wait and see. Maybe they have a storyline for him. That’s what Devon Nicholson said today,” Meltzer stated.