Lorcana is a collectible trading card game (TCG) released by Ravensburger in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company. Card availability has been a massive issue for fans which has led to a community-made project called Pixelborn that allows you to play the game online. If you want to try out Pixelborn online, here is our guide to installing the Lorcana client to play against strangers or your friends.
How to install Pixelborn
To play Disney Lorcana online using Pixelborn, follow these steps:
- Download the Pixelborn client from the official Pixelborn website.
- Extract the client files to a folder on your computer.
- Launch the Pixelborn client.
- In the Pixelborn client, go to Settings > Card Database.
- Click the Update button and select the Disney Lorcana card database.
- Once the card database has been updated, click the Play button to start playing Disney Lorcana online.
To find other players to play against, you can join the Pixelborn Discord server. There is a dedicated channel for finding Disney Lorcana opponents.
What can you do with Pixelborn?
- You can create your own decks or import decks from other sources.
- You can play against other players in real-time or asynchronously.
- You can join tournaments and events.
- Pixelborn is still under development, so there may be some bugs. If you encounter any problems, please report them to the Pixelborn developers.
Warning: Please note that Pixelborn is not an official Disney Lorcana product, and it is not endorsed by Ravensburger or Disney. While the community wants Ravensburger and Disney to recruit the Pixelborn team to make an official online client, it is possible that the Pixelborn project will get shut down altogether.
What is Lorcana?
Lorcana is Ravensburger’s first trading card game and features characters from throughout Disney’s film history. The game is anticipated to compete with other popular collectible card games like Magic: The Gathering and the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
In Lorcana, players take on the role of Illumineers, who use the power of Inkcasters to summon Disney characters and other magical elements to their aid. The goal of the game is to be the first player to accumulate 20 Lore. Lore is generated by completing quests, defeating opponents’ characters, and playing certain cards.