Keylor Navas is a Costa Rican professional football player. His full name is Keilor Antonio Navas Gamboa He plays as a goalkeeper for the French club Paris Saint-Germain and the Costa Rica national team. He joined PSG on the last day of the transfer-deadline in September 2019. He started his football career from Costa Rican club Saprissa and has later played for Albacete, Levante, and Real Madrid.
He was one of the key players in the Real Madrid squad that won historical 3 consecutive Champions League titles. He made his senior international debut for the national team in 2008. He is the first Costa Rican and the first goalkeeper to win Player of the Year at the 2014 CONCACAF Awards.
|36 years old
|Keilor Antonio Navas Gamboa
|Place Of Birth
|Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica
|21 June 2015
|Daniela Salas, Mateo Navas, and Thiago Navas
|1.85 m ( 6 feet and 1 inch )
|Source of Wealth
|His Professional Football Career
|LFP Awards Best Goalkeeper: 2013â14
|The first Costa Rican and the first goalkeeper to win Player of the Year at the 2014 CONCACAF Awards
Keylor Navas Biography, Early Life
Keylor Navas was born on 15 December 1986. His birth name is Keilor Antonio Navas Gamboa. His birthplace is Perez Zeledon in Costa Rica. He holds Costa Rican nationality. He was born to a father, Freddy Navas, and a mother, Sandra Gamboa. About his siblings, he has two sisters named Keilyn Navas and Kimberly Navas. His religion is Christian. He obtained Spanish citizenship in 2014. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Keylor Navas Education
There is not any information available regarding his education.
Keylor Navas’s Age, Height, And Weight
Keylor Navas is 36 years old. Keylor stands at the height of 1.85m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 80kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His chest size is 40 inches, his arms size is 14 inches and his waist size is 31 inches. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight.
- He made his professional debut against Asociacion Deportiva Carmelita on 6 November 2005.
- He was the first-choice goalkeeper in his final two seasons with the club.
- He signed with Albacete Balompie of the Segunda Division in Spain in July 2010.
- He appeared in 36 games in his first season at the club.
- The club finished in the last position and suffered relegation.
- Albacete loaned him to the Spanish club, Levante for the 2011-12 campaign.
- He made his club debut against Athletic Bilbao on 13 May 2012.
- Levante made his move permanent signing a 3-year deal with Navas in July 2012.
- He became the first-choice goalkeeper for Levante in the 2013-14 season.
- He won the La Liga Best Goalkeeper in 2014.
- He finished the 2013-14 season as the best goalkeeper with the most saves (267).
- Spanish giants, Real Madrid triggered Navas’ 10 million buyout clause in August 2014.
- Real Madrid then signed a 6-year contract with the club.
- He made his Real Madrid debut against Elche on 23 September 2014.
- He was a back-up goalkeeper to Iker Casillas in his first season at Real Madrid.
- Following Casillas’s departure, he became the club’s first-choice goalkeeper.
- The club agreed to transfer Navas to Manchester United in part-exchange for David de Gea on 31 August 2015, but the deal collapsed because the documents were not submitted to FIFA before the Spanish transfer deadline.
- Remaining at the club, he achieved several glories with the club including 3 Champions League titles, 1 La Liga title, and 4 FIFA Club World Cup titles.
- Following Thibaut Courtois’s arrival at the club, Navas became the backup goalkeeper for the club. He was made the first-choice goalkeeper for the UEFA Super Cup and Copa del Rey fixtures of the club.
- He finished his 5 seasons stint at Real Madrid with 162 appearances in all competitions.
- On 2 September 2019, he joined the French club Paris Saint-Germain on a four-year contract and went on to win two Ligue 1, Coupe de France, Trophee des Champions, and one Coupe de la Ligue.
- He represented Costa Rica U17 national team at the 2003 FIFA U17 World Championship.
- He was called up for the senior national team in August 2006, but he did not get the chance to appear.
- He made his senior international debut against Suriname in the third round of qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup on 11 October 2008.
- He represented Costa Rica in CONCACAF Gold Cup tournaments in 2009 and 2011.
- He missed the 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup due to injuries.
- He represented the national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- He made his World Cup debut in a 3-1 group stage win against Uruguay.
- He helped the club to reach the quarterfinals, where they lost to the Netherlands in a penalty shootout.
- He finished the 2010 World Cup with 3 clean sheets from 5 matches.
- He was one of the three nominees for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Golden Glove Award, which he lost to Manuel Neuer of Germany.
- He later represented Costa Rica at the 2018 World Cup, where Costa Rica departed from the group stage.
- Since his debut, he has obtained 107 caps and made 41 clean sheets for Costa Rica.
Keylor Navas’s Net Worth
Keylor Navas is a very talented football player and with his continuous hard work and dedication, he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his football career which is his major source of wealth. He is a Costa Rican professional footballer who currently plays as a goalkeeper for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2022, his estimated net worth is $45 million and he received £10 million as a yearly salary from his current club. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle. In addition, his market value is around €8 million.
Keylor Navas Wife, Children
Looking at his personal life, Keylor Navas is a married man. He got married to his long-term girlfriend, Andrea Salas who have been together for a long time. The couple got married in a civil ceremony back on 21 June 2015. They have dated for many years before finally tying the knot, as they are from the same neighbourhood in Costa Rica. The wedding took place in San José, Costa Rica, and over 250 special guests were invited to share the couple’s happy moments. The couple is blessed with three children. Andrea Salas has a daughter, Daniela Salas, from her previous marriage which ended with divorce. On 28 February 2014, Andrea gave birth to her first child with Keylor, a son, Mateo Navas. On 28 January 2019, the couple gave birth to their second son, Thiago Navas. At present, he has an intimate relationship with his wife and children where they are living their life happily together.