Naby Keita (born 10 February 1995) is a Guinean professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Bundesliga club Werder Bremen and captains the Guinea national team.
|Naby Laye Keïta
|Date of birth
|10 February 1995
|Place of birth
|1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)
Naby Keita Biography, EarlyLife
Back in his childhood, Keita was born in Conakry, Guinea’s capital city. Little Keita, as his mother would later explain, would play football with anything he could get his hands on. It was just a matter of time before he started playing actual football on the streets.
Miriam Camara and Sekou Keita gave birth to him. His given name is Naby Laye Keita, and he was given the nickname Deco because of his resemblance to the Portuguese and former Barcelona midfield maestro. His childhood home was in Conakry’s football-centric Koleya.
Naby Keita Education
Keita recalls such streets, stating that his parents were initially opposed to their son playing football because they believed education was the most important factor in ensuring him a stable life.
- A Guinean professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Premier League club Liverpool and captains the Guinea national team.
Naby Keita’s Height, And Weight
Keita is not one of the tallest players you will ever meet based on his physical measurements. Keita’s diminutive frame and low center of gravity contribute to his fast feet and energy. He stands at 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 141 pounds. His additional body information has not yet been revealed. We will notify you if any information is revealed. Keita has a “Rising Sun” tattoo on his left arm.
- Naby Keita joined his local side and hometown club Horoya AC when he was aged nine. In 2012 when he was 17, he traveled to France to undergo football trials. He showed off his skills well enough at a tournament organized by the former Celtic defender and fellow compatriot, Bobo Balde. He was signed by Ligue 2 side, FC Istres. This was after unsuccessful trials at Le Mans and FC Lorient.
- In 2013, he was promoted to the first team of FC Istres. He scored on his debut in a 4-2 victory against Nimes Olympique. Keita made more than 20 starts in his first professional season and chipped in with 11 goals. His efforts were however not enough to stop FC Istres from dropping into the Championnat National, the third division of French football.
- Red Bull Salzburg paid FC Istres 1.5 million pounds to sign Keita in 2014. His debut came in the game against Werner Neustadt on July 26, 2014. He scored his first goal for Salzburg in a 3-1 Europa League win over Scottish giants, Celtic in November 2014. While at Salzburg, Keita met future Liverpool teammate, Sadio Mane. The pair hit off a friendship before Mane transferred to Southampton in England. Keita ended his first season in Salzburg making 30 appearances scoring five goals and assisting two. He also won the league and cup double. In his next season, Keita continued to excel making 29 appearances, scoring 12 goals and helping his team defend their league and cup double.
- Red Bull Salzburg sold Keita to RB Leipzig, their sister club in June 2016. The deal was worth 11 million euros and the German side with Keita in it, would go on to make an impression in their German Bundesliga bow. Keita’s time at Leipzig began with a bang as he scored on his league debut, the 89th-minute win over German giants Borussia Dortmund. By the end of his maiden campaign in Germany, Keita had scored eight goals, assisted seven, and played in 31 games. His team RB Leipzig qualified for Europe’s premium club competition – the Champions League for the first time in asking.
- Named in the Bundesliga team of the season, Keita’s exploits were not lost on the footballing world and soon, English giants Liverpool came calling. A deal was struck as his release clause of 48 million pounds was activated with a premium of 14 million pounds paid as Leipzig qualified for the Europa League, bringing the total fee to a whopping 62 million pounds. Keita, however, remained with Leipzig for a further season, scoring six times.
- Keita joined Liverpool officially on 27 June 2018. He took up the number 8 jersey of the iconic Steven Gerrard and is ready to thrive on his new stomping ground, Anfield.
Naby Keita’s Net Worth
He signed a brilliant 5-year settlement with The Reds in the summer season of 2018, with an annual revenue of 6.9 million Euro (6.2 million Pounds) at the time. His present net worth is projected to be nine million euros (8 million Pounds), but, together with his present-day earnings, this may soon quadruple.
Naby Keita does not have any brand deals or sponsorships as of 2023. There is also no information regarding his having a sponsor. If we learn anything new about this, we will post it on the website.
Naby Keita’s Girlfriend, Dating
Keita is an unmarried man, which reflects his personal life. We haven’t any information approximately his connection. If you have any, please percentage them with us in the feedback section. He is devoted to soccer and his team Liverpool, and he is focused on his career. You could say he is engaged to LFC!
Naby Keita Awards
Naby began working professionally in 2013. His first professional squad was FC Istres of Ligue 2. He transferred to Red Bull Salzburg a year later, where he won the Austrian Cup and the Austrian Football Bundesliga in each of the two seasons. Then, in 2016, he relocated to RB Leipzig, where he spent two seasons, making the UEFA Europa League team of the season in his second year and the Bundesliga team of the season in his first. Finally, in 2017, he decided to join Liverpool, and a year later, he relocated there. He won the Premier League and FIFA Club World Cup the following year. Keta made his senior team debut for Guinea in 2012. He played for them in the 2015, 2019, and 2021 Africa Cup of Nations and has amassed over 40 caps.
Naby Deco Keita Stats – Detailed
Premier League Stats for Naby Deco Keïta
|Per 90 Minutes
|42 min’ per appearance
|Matches Subbed In
|Matches Subbed Out
Dribbling & Offside Stats
|Dribbles & Offsides
|Per 90 Minutes
|Dribble Success Rate
Yellow Cards, Red Cards, and Foul Stats
|Cards & Fouls
|Minutes Per Booking
|291 min’ / card
|Cards Over 0.5
The athlete makes a good living, so he can afford the greatest cars money can buy. He has a few high-end vehicles, including a yellow Mercedes AMG coupe and a Mercedes SUV G-Class. In addition, he has a BMW, a Range Rover, and an Audi Q7.
Transfer Value and Records
Naby Deco Keïta’s market value by year is €17.00m.
The younger brother of Naby, Petit Keta, used to play for Inter Leipzig in Germany. In October 2018, it was reported that he had been attending Liverpool’s Academy for training. However, he did not receive a contract. Keta was accused of using forged documents in 2017. He allegedly used two phony Guinean driver’s licenses to obtain a German license in early December 2016 and again six weeks later, according to the German daily Bild. As a result, the Leipzig district court (Amtsgericht Leipzig) fined him €415,000 based on Keta’s alleged €3 million yearly income. Keta’s attorney has submitted an appeal. The appeals court reduced the fine to €250,000.
Keta, his Guinean colleagues, and the Moroccan team they were competing against were all trapped during the September 2021 coup d’état in Guinea. Everyone made it safely home.
What is the net worth of Naby Keita?
His net worth is 8 million pounds.
What is the height of Naby Keita?
His height is 5 feet 8 inches.
What is the age of Naby Keita?
His age is 28 years as of 2023.