Odsonne Édouard is a French professional football player. He plays as a striker. He currently plays for the Scottish Premiership club, Celtic. He started his professional football career with the French club PSG in 2015. He played for Toulouse on loan before joining Celtic on loan in 2017. He joined Celtic on a permanent move in 2018. He has won a domestic treble with Celtic.
He has represented France’s youth teams at various age levels including France’s U17, U18, U19, and U21 teams. He won the UEFA European U17 Championship, as well as the tournament’s Golden Player. He was also the top scorer of the tournament. He has yet to make his senior international debut.
|25 years old
|The Rocket, Magic Odsonne
|Won domestic treble with Celtic.
|Place Of Birth
|1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)
|Source of Wealth
|Contract, Salaries, Endorsements
|$2.2 million (reported salary)
|Titi d’Or (2015), UEFA European Under-17 Championship Golden Player (2015)
|Career Best Win
|Domestic Treble with Celtic
|Yet to Earn
|Current Club Country
Odsonne Édouard Biography, Early Life
Odsonne Édouard was born on 16 January 1998 in Kourou in French Guiana. He holds French nationality. He belongs to the African-European ethnicity. His horoscope is Capricorn. Information about his parents and siblings is not available at present. He is not too open about his personal life and maintains a private life outside the football.
Odsonne Édouard Education
Regarding Odsonne Édouard’s educational background, there is no information available. However, we know that he was born and raised in Kourou, French Guiana. Thus, we can assume that Edouard graduated from French academic institutions in his country.
Odsonne Édouard’s Age, Height, And Weight
- Odsonne Édouard joined AF Bobigny in 2004. He trained there for 7 years.
- He then joined the youth system of PSG in 2011.
- He was the PSG’s top goalscorer with 25 goals during the 2013-14 season at the U17 National Championship.
- In the 2014-15 season, he helped the club to win AL Kass Cup, having scored 22 goals.
- His impressive performance at the youth level earned him nicknames “The Rocket” and “Magic Odsonne”.
- Odsonne played for both the U19 team and the CFA team during the 2015-16 season.
- He was voted the 2015 Titi d’Or by the club’s supporters.
- He led PSG to the Youth League final.
- Edouard signed his first professional contract with PSG in April 2016.
- He was first called to the club’s senior team during the 2016-17 pre-season and made his first-team debut at the 2016 International Champions Cup. PSG won the International Champions Cup.
- Without making a competitive debut for PSG’s first team, PSG loaned him to a fellow club, Toulouse in August 2016.
- He made his Ligue 1 debut with Toulouse on 14 August 2016 against Marseille.
- He scored his debut professional goal on 19 November 2016 against Metz.
- A shooting incident in March 2017 led to Edouard’s loan termination at Toulouse. He was suspected of having shot a passer-by with an airsoft gun on 11 February 2017. It was later revealed that his teammate, Mathieu Cafaro had confessed to being the one who had fired the gun. Cafaro later recanted. Edouard was sentenced to a suspended four months prison sentence by the Correctional Court of Toulouse and fined 6,000 Euros as well as damages of 2,600 Euros to the victim.
- PSG then loaned Edouard to Scottish club Celtic in August 2017.
- He made his Scottish Premiership debut on 8 September 2017 against Hamilton Academical. He scored his debut goal for the club in the same match.
- He scored his career-first hat-trick on 2 December against Motherwell in the Scottish Premiership.
- Edouard made his UEFA Champions League debut with Celtic against Anderlecht in December 2017.
- Celtic won the domestic treble in Edouard’s first season at the club, having scored 11 goals.
- Celtic made Edouard’s loan move permanent on 15 June 2018, when Edouard signed a 4-year contract with the club reportedly for 9 million pounds. The fee is reported as the highest transfer fee in the club’s history.
- Edouard became the key player for Celtic that went on to win the domestic treble for the 3 consecutive years.
- He is the top goalscorer in the 2019-20 Scottish Premiership with 22 league goals.
- Odsonne Édouard has represented France’s youth football teams at various age levels.
- He has represented France U17, U18, U19, and U21 football teams.
- He was a key player in the France U17 football team that won the 2015 UEFA European U17 Championship. Edouard finished the tournament as the top goalscorer with 8 goals including a hat-trick in the final.
- For his performance throughout the tournament, he was awarded the tournament’s Golden Player award.
Odsonne Édouard’s Net Worth
Odsonne Édouard earns from his professional career as a footballer. He is one of the rising French strikers. Having started his professional football career with PSG, he now plays for the Scottish club, Celtics, and has already won several honors. He was signed by the club reportedly for club-record 9 million pounds in 2017. His income comes from contracts, salaries, and endorsements. He has an annual salary reported at 2.2 million at present. Top clubs in Europe have shown interest in signing Edouard. If so, Edouard will surely land a lucrative deal shortly, that will boost his income. His net worth is not available at present.
Odsonne Édouard Single
Odsonne Édouard is unmarried and is reportedly single. No information about his relationship status is available. His social media account does not give enough information about his personal life. He maintains a low profile regarding his personal life. He might be dating a beautiful girl or focused on his football career.
Odsonne Édouard Awards
- UEFA European U17 Championship Golden Player: 2015
- UEFA European U17 Championship top scorer: 2015
- UEFA European U17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2015
- Titi d’Or: 2015