On Saturday, July 29, the UFC returns to Salt Lake City with an unusual pay-per-view event that features no UFC championships. Instead, fans will be treated to Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje 2, a rematch of their 2018 Fight of the Year, with the ceremonial BMF title on the line.
Poirier vs. Gaethje 2 is the main event. The UFC returns to Utah’s Delta Center. In April 2018, the two fought for four rounds before Gaethje was knocked out by blows. The BMF belt is on the line, with retired champion Jorge Masvidal expected to put it around the winner’s waist. Despite the fact that only a ceremonial title is on the line, both Poirier and Gaethje are within striking distance of a bout with UFC lightweight champion Islam Makhachev. A strong performance might quickly set them up for a showdown.
Can’t get enough of boxing and mixed martial arts? Get the latest in combat sports news from two of the finest in the business.Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the most in-depth news and analysis.
UFC 291 presents a stacked card of fan favorites. Alex Pereira, a former UFC middleweight champion, makes his light heavyweight debut, and Derrick Lewis, Kevin Holland, and Paulo Costa return to action. Tony Ferguson will face Bobby Green, and Stephen Thompson will face Michel Pereira.
The whole fight card for UFC 291 is shown below, along with the most recent odds from Caesars Sportsbook. Check back throughout the week for the most recent news, stories, and other information related to this big event.
UFC 291 fight card, odds
- Dustin Poirier -135 vs. Justin Gaethje +115, lightweights
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Alex Pereira, light heavyweights
- Bobby Green vs. Tony Ferguson, lightweights
- Ikram Aliskerov vs. Paulo Costa, middleweights
- Stephen Thompson vs. Michel Pereira, welterweights
- Derrick Lewis vs. Marcos Rogerdio de Lia, heavyweights
- Kevin Holland vs. Michael Chiesa, welterweights
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Yohan Lainesse, welterweights
- Roman Kopylov vs. Claudio Ribeiro, middleweights
- CJ Vergara vs. Vinicius Salvador, flyweights
- Trevin Giles vs. Gabriel Bonfim, welterweights
- Joanne Wood vs. Priscila Cachoeira, women’s flyweights
UFC 291 info
- Date: July 29
- Location: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV